Mendix 7 login page - Sign in on Enter/Return, so you can easily use the keyboard to sign in

We are migrating to Mendix 7, and decided to immediately apply some of the new features, including the new sign in functionality. One thing I haven't been able to figure out yet, is how to get the sign-in button to be "clicked" when pressing Enter on the keyboard. As a user, I want to type my username and password, and then with Enter login, so my hands don't need to leave the keyboard (and I don't end up waiting on a login screen for minutes after pressing Enter, but not clicking on Sign in). How do you set this?
asked
3 answers

I know this question is a  year old, but you can use jquery to do this. If you use the html snippet widget, you can use something like this.

$(".password input").keyup(function(event) {
    if (event.keyCode === 13) {
        $(".signin").click();

}
});

This requires you to add the class "password" to your password text box, and then the class "signin" to the sign in button.

Hope this helps!                

answered

If it's not supported by default, you could perhaps try the Keyboard shortcut widget?

answered

Is there any ‘new’ solution? I tried Mendix Marketplace - Keyboard Shortcut but the Sign-In action is not available (Sign-Out is).

answered