Call a microflow from a custom widget with a string parameter.

I have created a custom widget to display a scatter plot. When the user clicks on one of the points, I am able to retrieve the ID of the point. I would like to pass this to a microflow and then pull up a page with the object represented by this point. Is there a good tutorial out there to show me how to call a microflow from a custom widget and pass it a string variable. Thanks.
asked
5 answers

I created ticket 102678 as feature request: call a microflow from JavaScript with one or more string parameters.

I got an answer that it will not be scheduled for 2014. Please vote if you like to have it too.

answered

Have you already checked the HowTo's?

https://world.mendix.com/display/howto50/Call+a+microflow

answered

Generally, you can only pass a guid or guids (mendix id for object) to a microflow.

Check out the API docs for good examples.

Check out the mx.data.action function call.

answered

Steve,

Have a look at the "String Input Microflow Widget" from the appstore. This will allow you to pass a string to the widget and use this as the input for the microflow. Not for 5.8.1 yet, but this could give you an idea on how to do this.

answered

I am passing the dataview and I am able to display the plot, but I am not able to even get the call to the microflow working. Is there a widget in 5.8.1 available that at least calls the microflow successfully.

Also, can I update the entity in the dataview before passing it to the microflow. What I am trying to accomplish is to allow the user to select a point on the scatter plot and send the id of that point to the microflow so that I can display additional information for that id.

Thanks for any help you can provide for this,

Steve

answered