Message to update app to work with iOS 15

Hey all, We have a native app and one of my users just upgraded is phone to iOS 15. Since this upgrade he is now seeing an error message that says: “App Needs to be Updated – The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS”. He’s unable to open/run the app. I thought that Mendix apps worked across iOS versions. Anyone know anything about this error message? Andy
asked
8 answers

Did you also manually update the Xcode version in your build configuration in Appcenter?

answered

Hey Andrew, the fix is to update your native template and if you use appcenter for your builds to manually select Xcode version 12.5.1

After that create and release a new build

answered

Thanks Lennart – I had the assumption that Mendix apps can work across iOS versions – is it normal to have to rebuild the app each time a new iOS version comes out?

answered

Lennart, I’m a bit of a newb – can you also tell me where I can find the native template version I’m using, and how do I upgrade that?

answered

I think just today the Native App builder was just updated and changed the app center configuration to use xcode 13 – going to try this.

answered

FYI – I’ve rebuilt using the latest native builder that is supposed to work on ios 15 – it does not – I’ll need to open a ticket with mdx support. 

answered

Thanks Lennart! – this fixed my issue

answered

Hey everyone,

Regarding the issue at hand, it seems like the problem lies with the native template of the app not being compatible with iOS 15. So, Andrew, if you're reading this, the fix is to update your native template pronto! That should do the trick.

Also, for those who use AppCenter for builds, remember to manually select Xcode version 12.5.1. That might be the key to resolving this compatibility hiccup.

I've been in similar situations before, and it's always best to keep your app up-to-date with the latest OS versions. As an app developer myself, I know how vital it is to stay on top of these changes. Recently, an article was published in our blog devoted to research on hiring mobile developers, are you interested in this? https://andersenlab.de/blueprint/how-to-hire-mobile-development-team

So, Andy, once you get the update sorted out, make sure to create and release a new build with a friendly message urging users to update their app to work seamlessly with iOS 15.

answered