Exporting a List into a JSON/XML file

Is there any way of saving a list with measurements into a JSON or an xml file??  I’ve seen some answers and tutorials which were using a JSON structure beforehand (with the export mapping functionalities), but in my case I do not have the underlying structure of the data, I just know that they are saved in a list.  Any ideas are welcome!
asked
2 answers

You could always just build the complete JSON or XML message from scratch as a string. Have done that in the early days of Mendix. But I do wonder why not create (multiple) mappings and based on logic use those mappings to create the file. Could you elaborate on what you are trying to achieve?

Regards,

Ronald

answered

I am trying to retrieve a list of air quality measurements from a microflow, and save it into a JSON struture. 

From multiple pages I’ve consulted for the Export Mapping functionality, you need to have an already known structure, and I do not know how all these measurement values are structured in that list. 

However, I found a website that actually has this type of data in an ASCII file so I’ll probably use that, instead of doing it through Mendix.

Thank you for your answer! :)

answered