Scheduled Event error after upgrading to Mendix 8.17.0

Recently I’ve upgraded my project in two steps: From Mendix 7.5.1. to Mendix 7.23.19 From Mendix 7.23.19 to Mendix 8.17.0   After each upgrade, I’ve also updated the app store modules. After the last upgrade I keep getting the following error message every 5 minutes:   Message: Exception in execution of monitored action 'Unnamed-Action-50' (execution id: 135191fe-3631-495c-a916-818e3eddb1b7, execution type: SCHEDULED_EVENT) Personal note: The message sometimes also refers to the action 'Unnamed-Action-46'. The error message appears exactly every 5 minutes. Stack trace: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:156) Caused by: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:30) Caused by: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: Exception occurred in action '{}', all database changes executed by this action were rolled back     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.processErrorState(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:151) Caused by: com.mendix.storage.FileNotFoundInStorageException: LocalFileSystemStore:: File does not exist for key: 1     at com.mendix.storage.localfilesystem.internal.LocalFileSystemStore.getFileDocumentAsFile(LocalFileSystemStore.scala:167)     at com.mendix.storage.localfilesystem.internal.LocalFileSystemStore.$anonfun$doRetrieveWith$1(LocalFileSystemStore.scala:147)     at scala.util.Try$.apply(Try.scala:210)     …. (This continues, but I’ll keep it short for now).   I’ve checked my scheduled events, but my project does not contain any scheduled event that runs every 5 minutes. Moreover, I’ve added a breakpoint in each of my scheduled event (and do not let them continue) and even then this error message comes up. The only thing I can think of is that this has to do with the app store module Community Commons. Before upgrading my project to Mendix 7.23.19, the project was running on Mendix 7.5.1 and this module contained a Scheduled Event “releaseOldLocksSE”  that runs every 5 minute. This mf uses the microflow “releaseOldLocks” and runs the jaca action “releaseAllInactiveLocks”. After the upgrade to 7.23.19 this module was updated and the scheduled event was removed. The strange thing, however, is that in Mendix 7.23.19 this error did not appear.   I’m quite puzzled by this behavior. Does anyone have an idea of what could cause this error and how to solve it?
asked
2 answers

Is this the system scheduled event setting the size of all documents? Please check the filedocuments really exists. In some cases I have seen artefact deleted entities inheriting from filedocument that where not correctly deleted from the database. Download the backup and check the column submetaobjectname in the system$filedocuments table.

Please add some data from the stack, the essential part is missing

answered

Hi all,

Quick update on this topic: I have created a ticket for this and as it turn out the solution to this problem is upgrading your project to Mendix 8.18.0.

After the upgrade, you still get an error, but it will now say something like: “Couldn't migrate all legacy files. There where 100 legacy file(s) which referred to a path that could not be found on the disk. Please put the files in the correct location or remove entities referring to them from the database.” 

The system tries to migrate 100 files at once, which means that if you have 1000 documents that cannot be migrated, that you will receive exactly 10 error logs (instead of getting an error every 5 minutes without stopping).

answered