Excel importer poi jar causing error

In 8.17.0, I’m getting the following error when trying to use the Excel Import module v9.0.0 from 22-Dec-2020.   Seems like the update to Apache POI to 4.1.2 in this version v9.0.0 is causing the error.  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.apache.poi.ooxml.util.DocumentHelper
asked
4 answers

Hello all,

I removed (make a backup for later use) the highlighted files, as shown below in screenshot and it resolved this issue.

Best Regards

Jasper 

answered

Because of an upgrade you probably have multiple versions of the same library in your userlib folder. Check for the OOXML library and remove the older versions (i usually rename them to .jar.excluded first in case I need them later on).

Clear deployment directory, sync project directory en deploy again.

answered

If you are doubtful for jar file version you can manually try checking the jar file version added in your project for the Apache POI. See userlib folder of your project directory. If you see version is different, than download appropriate jar file from maven and add it.

answered

Hi All

In my case, all I needed to do was replace POI-schemas with POI-lite like it say in this stackoverflow

If you have both  poi-ooxml-schemas-[version].jar and poi-ooxml-lite-[version].jar in you userlib folder, then exclude/delete the poi-ooxml-schemas jar files

answered