Checklist for adding an app store module into a project

Is there a checklist or learning path that describes in detail the steps or issues and how to handle them to bring an app store module into a project? Background: I want to set up set up an integration with DocuSign so that the end user of my Mendix application answers a bunch of questions and I generate a document for them to sign based on the information gathered in the application. I found the DocuSign connector in the App store. It depends on three other App Store modules: Community Commons, JWT, and MxModelReflection.  It looks like Community Commons and JWT can just be used as is. However, MxModelReflection has a ReadMe which says to create a new module, create new pages in this new module using snippets from the the MxReflectionModule and create new microflows which open forms.  Which leads to the question: how does the DocuSign Connector module find the correct microflows? Do you name them the same as in the original module? And what about the navigation layouts? Do you replace existing layouts with them? Use them in special cases?  The documentation doesn’t say much about them. I had no intention of using the reflection module directly, I am simply trying to configure it for use by the DocuSign Connector.  The DocuSign connector is no help, it says “make sure you’ve updated your model reflection on the client side” but the Mx Model Reflection documents make no mention of that. To generalize, what are the proper steps and what are the considerations for using modules which depend on other modules or are depended on by other modules?  When do you need to create new pages and microflows and why? And are there naming conventions to follow?
asked
1 answers

What the model reflection module does is create database objects that reflect your database structure – it creates an object for each entity, attribute, and reference. The only way the module can do this is in runtime, so what you need to do is the following:

• Add the Mx Model Reflection module to your project
  • Follow the ReadMe steps to add the right pages. Naming of the pages and microflows doesn't matter.
  • Run your application
  • Go to the Model reflection page you added
  • Select all modules that the Docusign connector will be using
  • Click “refresh”

Everything the docusign connector needs will now be in the database. Once you add the “configuration” page from the docusign connector and run your application, you'll be able to configure things there based on what the Mx Reflection module added to your database.

answered