Reset MxAdmin Password

I forgot the password I set for MxAdmin when I deployed my application. Is there a way to reset the password? I am using Oracle database as the DB for Mendix. 
asked
5 answers

Hi Rommel, 

If you have deployed it to the cloud (dedicated note) you can press the Change MxAdmin Password button

Or if you are deploying it to localhost you can change your PW in Project→ Security → Administrator

If it is the first time to deploy to a Sandbox environment it may be needed to initially create an admin account hard coded in the AfterStartUp Microflow. 

Greetings,
Frederik

answered

Hi Frederik,

The application was deployed on premise. During the initial deploy, I set the password but unfortunately, I forgot what it was. I am wondering if I change the password in Mendix pro and deploy it, does it change the password as well? 

Rommel

answered

For on-premises apps to reset MxAdmin password you need to set the environment variable ADMIN_PASSWORD (e.g. with `cf set-env`) and restart the app. If, however, the runtime fails to start doe to password policy then you first need to do:

update system$user set password = NULL where name = 'MxAdmin';

answered

Hi Rommel,

I’m not sure how your configured on premise enrironment is built but I would give it a try to change it via StudioPro and if not just Retrieve the Admin User in your afterStartup and give it a new password.

Or did you think about implementing such a module (in case you users forget theirs as well):
https://docs.mendix.com/appstore/modules/forgot-password

Best,
Frederik

answered

Alternative approach.

1. Open project in Mendix studio Pro 
  2. Under App tree Click on security
  3. On next window Click on Administrator.
  4. Check show password.

answered