PivotTableWebWidget

I use the most recent version of this widget and the 8.16.0 Studio Pro I have it connected to an association when an order has one to many to line item. Line item owns the association as per Mendix Studio Pro standard. I have an overview page, which takes order as the page parameter, which I have in a listview as the main widget. I see the orders per line in that widget. Then underneath the listview, I have a data view that listens to the listview. In this data view, I show the order name, so I can check that when I click on say Order 12 in the listview, that the data view indeed is getting order 12 as the selected item. This works fine. Then I put the Pivot Table Web Widget into the data view, and in its data source, I set the line items as data source over the association between order and line items. For the cell value, I set a line item amount (decimal). For the x-axis, I set the item # for ID and label. For the Y-axis I set the name of the order via the association.  The widget likes the configuration, no errors. I set the date changed to the changed date of the order entity. What I now encounter is that the pivot table web widget shows the line item data from the order that is one before rather than the one I actually select. It does this for any order I select. Any ideas?
asked
3 answers

Does this also happen if you open a new page, not in a popup but full page and place the widget on that page?

Edit: You could also try to create a rest service, details are in the widget documentation. Performance will be much better too.

Note that the date is not intended to be linked to a change date of your object but this should also work. Please check the demo/sample project for usage of the date attribute property 

answered

Hi Marcel. Thanks for prompt reply and apologies for late response.

I have to admit I do not fully understand how I need to use the date changed fields from what you’ve written in the documentation. It may be I am using this wrong, but then I don’t know how to use it right I guess, but I still have the behavior where the record ID of the information I am trying to show is one record off.

Can you make the date changed variable optional instead of mandatory so we can at least get output while we’re testing/developing, when we can tolerate the high round trip behavior?

How can I best convey to you what I am doing and where the problem occurs so you can debug? Small sample project with export?

My end  users like the demo project examples and they’re asking me to use the widget, but I cannot put it in like I have it now if it presents the wrong information.

answered

Hi Marcel.

Response to the date topic. What I wanted to ask is not to remove the date option, but instead of it being mandatory right now in the UI, just have it optional there so we can test without it being in place (and yes, suffer lots of roundtrips, but this does not really impact us on local desktops).

I’ll respond to the other two comments you made separately as well later.

answered