Cant install Mendix on Mac

Hey Team,   I was trying out Mendix Studio Pro and tried to install the latest version 8.16.0 as well as 8.10.x versions but nothing seems to work on my macbook. I get an error saying “The contents of Mendix …...exe” cannot be opened with the Unarchiver”.  Does this not work on a Mac? Not able to proceed any further on this
asked
3 answers

Hi,

Studio Pro only works on Windows. However, I run it on my Mac using Parallels. If you use the Coherence mode in Parallels it behaves almost as if it’s a native Mac app. 

https://www.parallels.com/uk/

Good luck

Rob

answered

Mendix Studio Pro only run on Windows. If you would like to run Mendix on a Mac, you will need something like Parallels.

answered

I am working with my Macbook based on Parallels Desktop (including Windows 10) for one week now. 

With the usage of the Mac “coherence mode” for the parallel windows, you can get a seamless user experience while working with the Studio Pro on a Mac.

First thing to do, is to tell your parallel windows to use the Mac as the standard browser:

If you know the IP address of your Parallel Desktop…

…You can use that IP address within the settings of your studio pro:

And whenever you do a run locally from your Studio Pro, it takes you to your default browser on your Mac - which is in my case my Safari – to show your results:

hope this helps :-)

best regards

Bjoern

answered