Runtime error: Could not retrieve version information from system tables

Hi, I am trying to run an application. I have installed the same Mendix version as used in the last commit. When I press Run locally, Mendix gives me a Runtime error. I don't really understand the cause of the error and where I have to look to solve it. I hope someone can help me with this. Here are the details of the error:   com.mendix.m2ee.api.AdminException: An error occurred while initializing the Runtime: Could not retrieve version information from system tables     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.start(MxRuntimeImpl.java:422) Caused by: com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusRuntimeException: Could not retrieve version information from system tables     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.analysis.DatabaseInformationGetter.getVersionsAndLastSyncDate(DatabaseInformationGetter.java:104)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.analysis.DatabaseInformationGetter.getDatabaseinformation(DatabaseInformationGetter.java:61)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.analysis.DatabaseAnalyzer.analyzeAndFillMigrationCommands(DatabaseAnalyzer.java:83)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.ModelSynchronizationUpdater.analyzeAndFillMigrationCommands(ModelSynchronizationUpdater.java:152)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.ModelSynchronizationUpdater.analyzeAndRender(ModelSynchronizationUpdater.java:101)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.analyzeMappingModel(SynchronizationManager.scala:243)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.analyzeModel(SynchronizationManager.scala:233)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.analyzeCurrentDatabase(SynchronizationManager.scala:149)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.$anonfun$stateMachine$3(SynchronizationManager.scala:82)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SimpleStateMachine$SimpleStateMachine.effect(SynchronizationManager.scala:56)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.analyzeCopying(SynchronizationManager.scala:190)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.$anonfun$stateMachine$2(SynchronizationManager.scala:81)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SimpleStateMachine$SimpleStateMachine.effect(SynchronizationManager.scala:56)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.analyzeSourceStructureForCopy(SynchronizationManager.scala:158)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.$anonfun$stateMachine$1(SynchronizationManager.scala:80)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SimpleStateMachine$SimpleStateMachine.effect(SynchronizationManager.scala:56)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.modelsynchronization.SynchronizationManager.analyze(SynchronizationManager.scala:139)     at com.mendix.connectionbus.ConnectionBusImpl.collectDatabaseSynchronizationInformation(ConnectionBusImpl.java:370)     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.initializeConnectionBusAnyway(MxRuntimeImpl.java:499)     at com.mendix.basis.impl.MxRuntimeImpl.start(MxRuntimeImpl.java:401)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.actions.StartAction.startRuntime(StartAction.java:49)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.actions.StartAction.execute(StartAction.java:31)     at com.mendix.m2ee.appcontainer.server.handler.HttpAdminHandler.handle(HttpAdminHandler.java:129)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:502)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:364)     at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:260)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:305)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:103)     at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:118)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:765)     at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:683)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)  
asked
2 answers

From the error message, it seems that there is an issue with the database you are using.  Are you using the built in database (HSQL) or some other local database server?  Did you restore a backup of a database from a cloud version of your app?

If you are using an app in the Mendix cloud, I would suggest downloading a fresh copy, restoring it and trying again.

answered

I am facing the same issue, how can delete the database files?

answered