Deep links not getting created as SSO user

I have app1 and app2.  App1 has a deep link that sends to app 2 (app2/link/form/123) and the form is supposed to open for project 123.  I also am using SSO so keep in ind now that index.html just redirects to “/SSO/login?f=true&cont=”, the same value I have in my DeepLinkLoginLocation value.   If I leave the IndexPage field blank, the SSO works, but the user gets sent to the home page, not the deeplink page.   If I set the IndexPage to index4.html, I get taken to the correct link, but it’s read only because apparently the SSO didn’t work and I’m an anonymous user.   My default home page is a microflow that runs the DeepLinkHome MF first. It retrieves all deep links where the user = my current user. So when SSO isn’t working, it looks like it succesfully retrieves the deeplink and forwards me. However, when I leave the IndexPage blank and the SSO works, it looks for deep links but returns nothing. Even if I wipeout the xpath where it compares deep links’ users vs current users and get all deep links I get nothing if the loginlocation is left b   Why is it that when I add “index4.html” to the IndexPage, My SSO doesn’t log me in. And why is it when I leave it blank, the SSO works, but the deep link gets craeted BEFORE I’m logged in so it doesn’t belong to me? In the activity that gets the current user’s deep links, the logic is [User = $currentUser/Name] [SessionId = empty or SessionId = '' or SessionId = $sessionID] Here’s my index.html <!doctype html> <html>     <head>     <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;URL=/SSO/" />     </head>     <body>     </body> </html>   and here’s my index4.html,    <!doctype html> <html>     <head>         <meta charset="utf-8">         <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">         <title>Mendix</title>         <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, user-scalable=no, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">         <meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">         {{themecss}}         <!-- ICONS EXAMPLE -->         <!-- iPhone retina icon (iOS < 7) -->         <!-- <link href="resources/ios/icons/apple-touch-icon-precomposed-114x114.png" sizes="114x114" rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed"> -->         <!-- STARTUP IMAGES -->         <!-- <link href="resources/ios/startup/apple-touch-startup-image-1496x2048.png" media="(device-width: 768px) and (device-height: 1024px) and (-webkit-device-pixel-ratio: 2) and (orientation: landscape)" rel="apple-touch-startup-image"> -->     </head>     <body dir="ltr">         <div id="content"></div>         <script>             dojoConfig = {                 baseUrl: "mxclientsystem/dojo/",                 cacheBust: "{{cachebust}}",                 rtlRedirect: "index-rtl.html"             };         </script>         <script src="mxclientsystem/mxui/mxui.js?{{cachebust}}"></script>     </body> </html>    
asked
3 answers

Here are some more settings as well:

SAML20.DefaultLoginPage

-blank-

SAML20.SSOLandingPage

index3.html

DeepLink.IndexPage is either index3.html or blank (blank causes SSO but deep link doesnt work, index3.html goes to deep link, but no SSO)

DeepLink.LoginLocation = /SSO/login?f=true&cont=

I’ve tried various combinations of all the settings here and leaving them blank. It always results in either the deep link working but not being logged in via SSO, or being logged in via SSO but the deep link didnt work (i get taken to the home page)

answered

So I *think* I got it, but there is some odd bevavior. I put the DeepLinkIndexPage back to index 3 so the deeplink would be found.  I made a link for my admins to get into the DeepLink config. I UNCHECKED “allow guests”. Suddenly it works. It’s almost like if this blocking of guests forces the link to get created as an authenticated user so it FINALLY does the SSO and then proceeds with the deeplink creation.

However there’s a problem. Any time I restart my application, my DeepLink configuration settings get wiped out and I have to re-uncheck the Allow Guests button. I can live with this, I guess, but has anyone else noticed these settings getting wiped out every time their app restarts?

answered

What if you wanted a deep link to work this way, but also wanted specific deep links to be available to guests (people outside your company viewing a read only report). Is there a way to accomplish both?

answered