One Grid with all the functions of the Datagrid, Datatable, dataGridExtension widget, dataGridColumnSearch widget, some of the inline editing properties of the template grid and the list view. - Mendix Forum

One Grid with all the functions of the Datagrid, Datatable, dataGridExtension widget, dataGridColumnSearch widget, some of the inline editing properties of the template grid and the list view.

Hi

One Grid with all the functions of the Datagrid, Datatable, dataGridExtension widget, dataGridColumnSearch widget, some of the inline editing properties of the template grid and the list view. 

We have created a food and beverage management application that aggregates point of sales information for companies that have more than one site. 

At the moment we use all of the above widgets but it would save alot of time if we could have one widget that could do 90% of the things that we need e.g if we want to have inline microflow buttons we use a listview or template grid but then we cant sort if we click on the headers, but on the other datagrids you can. We could use the datatable then but that is not supported anymore and the search and excel export works differently and you have to create a context entity. We want our front end to be standard and all the grids to have the same functionality so we don't frustrate our users. We are currently using work arounds to make the grid functionality almost the same but this takes time and makes Mendix not that fast anymore.(We love Mendix don't misunderstand me)

Would it be possible to have this? All of these functions already exist in one or other widget but not in just one that is supported by mendix itself.

asked
11 answers

Thanks @Danny Roest – Good reason to upgrade to Mendix 9!

Created

2 Years & No News – not a peep…..   Every damn project in Mendix has a table, and we are forced to use a number of widgets or different tables to deliver “basic” functionality.  The output of which is:  Customer look and feel inconsistant, UX bad, and technical debt we need to carry in the form of depricated functions from old widgets that are no longer looked after.   

How the value in delivering this for EVERYONE on the Mendix platform has been overlooked is really beyond me…..  

Maybe Mendix just don’t have the talent themselves to build something like this?

Created

Any news on this?

Created

I think this is an awesome example of a feature I wish would work in Mendix straight out of the box (see vids).
The amount of times we are creating tables, and the lack of good table support is slightly shocking:
A lot of clients ask for some sort of “excel” kind of features, which makes sense because that is their frame of reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBoafMgLefM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WtUWsQDuXM

Created

@Andries Smit – I enjoyed your list view controls widget, but think you need to extend it and add all of the functionality described above…   Now that you have a team :)

Created

Is there a time line on the Planning yet?

Created

This would be so much easier!
(also possibility to disable sorting of the grid completely?)

Created

we need this :D 

Created

Ohhh and option to add diff Tooltip pages based on column and not on whole row.

Created

Yes! Now please. Or yesterday, which would be even better.

Created

This would be amazing

Created