Create/Change Object allow to paste a list of Member fieldnames - Mendix Forum

Create/Change Object allow to paste a list of Member fieldnames

Having to create objects to generate an XML structure with many tags, it is very tiring to have to select each member field I want to add from the dropdown that appears after new, e.g.:

Change object screen:

Dialog showing for New Member shows a very long list of members:

Is it possible to just add a bulk add function where I can just paste a list of the fieldnames?

Is it possible to add an option to choose which columns from an object you want to set (with a select all columns option as well)?

Studio pro could then add the fields to the member grid with an empty value column, that would be a great timesaver when dealing with complex XML or JSON structures.

Thanks!

asked
2 answers

I agree Joe Geoghegan.
And in my view Mendix should support the developer by automating tasks like selecting attributes in bulk instead of 1-by-1 when you have long lists of attributes. Thanks

Created

I think that being able to loop through an objects property names is important, as well as manually being able to type the property name (based on a decision) to implement values. Also being able to know where the microflow is being called from can help with these decisions as well. 

Created