Support SVG image import in Mendix Modeler - Mendix Forum

Support SVG image import in Mendix Modeler

Given that browser support for SVG is pretty mature now, it would be great if the modeler allowed them to be imported. 

They are far more flexible than raster images and are particularly important for iconography and logos.

Currently the only work around is to add a HTML snippet with a link to the SVG, which is cumbersome and introduces unnecessary markup.

asked
13 answers

In the atlas documentation there is an image of streamline icons being used.
Is this just a bad choice of imagary, or will we be able to use custom icons soon?

Created

Created

Great to see this being added! I'm noticing a small issue with it however (I'm using Modeller version 7.22.1):

I am able to add an svg into a Mendix image collection, and add the image to a page using the image widget. (I'm testing using an svg I created in Adobe Illustrator with an artboard of 26px x 26px) It shows up in the modeller but not in the browser when I run the page. I noticed that the image wasn't getting any image or height and the browser was defaulting to 0x0 pixels.  I was able to get it working by explicitly declaring a width on the image widget style (width: 26px for example). It would be more useful to have the image just show up with auto width and height.

Great to have this ability to add svgs though!

Created

It's super that Mendix 7.22 now has support for SVG images to be imported and used directly in the modeler.

But if you need a bit more power in rendering an SVG image, like altering text of color dynamicly via a property on a non-persistent entity, you can still use this widget:

https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/82344/

Created

Upvote - svg would be a very useful feature to have from a UX/UI perspective. I would request the ability to upload svg files to Mendix "Image Collections" and the standard Mendix "Image" widget.

Created

What is the status of this? Logos and icons look bad as bitmap, use of SVG is standard in traditional web development, why not mendix?

A way to extend also the inbuilt icon set would be great, considering e.g. the font awesome library.

Created

What is the status on this?

I've been using SVG masks, but they are not supported bij IE, and a lot of clients want nice icons AND IE support. Can we get a timeline?

Created

As this is planned: maybe support can also be added for SVG for the System.Image entity...

Created

SVG is also a bit nicer then having to resort to icon fonts.

Created

Although browsers do support SVG embedding, there is still a few kinks in this I guess this is an interesting read:

https://vecta.io/blog/best-way-to-embed-svg

so I wonder what would be the best solution for this within the mendix platform.

Created

I think this can be done by loading SVG's through CSS, but not in the modeler itself.

Created

Just went to use some SVG in a project and realised this was not supported, would be great to see this as a feature added to Mendix image libraries.

Created

I also noticed the lack of support when trying out the web modeler. Can't add a logo in svg format.

Created