To be able to make some published webservices invisible in the /ws-doc/ accordingly security access. - Mendix Forum

To be able to make some published webservices invisible in the /ws-doc/ accordingly security access.

It would be nice to have a function to make some published webservices invisible on the /ws-doc/ page. Our clients use the page to view available options they can use to connect to our portal. We host a few webservices, some for internal use and others are for external use.

This can be done by a simple boolean option on the Published Web Service page in Mendix (only view them all while running locally). Or simply by security. Logged in users can few the once available for them, connected though security like a page. Anonymous users can view the once that have no security or have the anonymous user role assigned to it.

What do you think? I think it would be a great extra to make full use of the Published services page.

asked
4 answers

Thought this was the section to post new ideas. I don’t want to remove the page completely, that would be an easy IIS adjustment. This would be a very helpful addition for me and I guess I’m not the only one.

Lets just wait and see what happens….

Created

If you're running on premise,why don't you configure your Apache / IIS / whatever and be done with it? Mendix implemented this on the Mendix cloud, when you deploy on premise you need to take care of this yourself. Why do you feel Mendix should facilitate this?

Created

That won’t work for me. I’m running on-premise.

Created

I believe you can already do this by using the Path Based Access Restrictions of you cloud node: https://docs.mendix.com/developerportal/deploy/environments-details

Created