Widget Property Integer with negative value - Mendix Forum

Widget Property Integer with negative value

Hi,

I have to develop a (real) random “datastream” service inside Mendix to provide IIoT sample data. I haven’t found a solution by using the existing microflow functionality, so I started to develop a widget. Inside the widget the developer has to define the datastream setup:

- selection of the entity attribute (has to accept decimals, integers, longs, booleans, strings and datetime attribute types)

- ouput data type (decials, integers, longs, booleans, strings and datetime corresponding to the selected entity attribute)

- output frequency (integer in Milliseconds)

- lower limit (perfect would be positive and negative decimal, with limitation positive and negatine integer, with limitation and cracy user experience current positive integer)

- upper limit (perfect would be positive and negative decimal, with limitation positive and negatine integer, with limitation and cracy user experience current positive integer)

- maximum step from one value to the next (decimal)

- maximum number of changes within the selected number of frequency (integer)

- number of decimals (integer).

For the lower and the upper limit property type “decimal” would have been perfect to selelect e.g. a range between 1.345 and 1.456, but not available. So I have to use property type integer with limitation to only select full integer values, e.g. decimals values between 1 and 2. But with the property “integer” definition in Mendix it’s not possible to get the range selected e.g. from -10 to 10, because negative values are not possible.

I saw a solution in Mendix where to define negative values with an additional boolean selector if the defined value is positive or negative. I’m of the opinion that this restriction should be removed, if there are not very serious reasons to keep the current property type restriction and therefore have the following improvement request:

1. implementation of the property type “decimal”
  2. implementation of negative values for property type “integer”

No feedback required. I will try to solve it with the current restrictions  – unfortunately with functionality limitations.

Best regards

Gerd

asked
0 answers