Automatically change association names to reflect changing entity names - Mendix Forum

Automatically change association names to reflect changing entity names

After changing an entity name associations need to be renamed manually - something you'd (not me ;) sometimes forget, detracting from the overall integrity of your domain model. Automatically changing association names would be great, especially if the change would only involve the entity name part(s) of the association string, leaving additions to specify the use of an association intact. E.g., changing object 'OrderLine', with association 'OrderLineConfirmed_Order' to 'InvoiceLine' would result in a renamed association to 'Order_InvoiceLineConfirmed'.

asked
2 answers

This would be great, also when creating a new entity and its associations, without saving first, this issue occurs. They will be named "Entity_Something" instead of the entity name you entered. 

Created

Only 4 votes while it's viewed 16 times? Weird! I would expect anyone to love this idea. In fact, IMHO it's a bug that this is not currently so. Also, seems a minor issue to fix. You got my vote.

Created