Allow Mendix Modules to be grouped together like appstore modules in Studio Pro - Mendix Forum

Allow Mendix Modules to be grouped together like appstore modules in Studio Pro

Starting Mendix 7 App Store modules are grouped together in an “App Store Modules” folder.
It would be great if regular Mendix module could also be grouped together in a module group.
Especially larger Mendix project would benefit by having a cleaner module hierarchy in the Project Explorer 

asked
3 answers

I really like that idea. Would help a lot in larger projects.

I was just coming across a project with many SAP OData connections and each of them generates their own module for the interface entites. would be great if these could be grouped somehow.

Additionally it would be nice if you could influence if modules are in the marketplace section or not.

Created

I would really like it if modules could be made into a collection, and in that way could also be published to the AppStore as a module collection. Opens up the possibility to share “concepts” without being full apps, while still maintaining a good data model structure.

Created

We are currently looking for exactly the same solution.

If there is any guidance to better management of many modules in an application, it would be greatly appreciated.

Created