Auto close of navigation bar after clicking a navigation bar item - Mendix Forum

Auto close of navigation bar after clicking a navigation bar item

What I want is that the navigation bar closes on mobile phone web browsers automatically when I click on a navigation item.

Exactly: When opening the application: Navigation bar is closed → clicking on the burger icon → navigation bar opens → clicking on any navigation item → selected page opens and AT THE SAME TIME (ON CLICK) the navigation bar closes again

Until now the user always needs to close the navigation bar manually after clicking on a selected navigation bar item. 

Best regards, 
Robert

asked
4 answers

With help from Mendix support I learned that if you go to the layout, find the container that has the navigation menu it in, then go the container properties > if you see the toggle mode to "push content aside" then the menu will close after a user clicks on a menu link.

Created

I am searching for this functionality as well.

Did anybody find it yet, or care to explain, what we are missing?

Thankx in advance!

Created

Hi, 

I reopen this topic, someone have found a solution ?

We need to put the menu on the top and no on the side ? ​​​​​​​

Thanks ! 

Created

I have the same wish than Robert here.

I’m actually even facing an issue due to this non-existing functionality –> I’m completely bolocked on the navigation pane when I use the mobile version (there is no way to collapse the navigation menu – no button existing for it):

Help! :)

Created