Sorting in Message Definition - Mendix Forum

Sorting in Message Definition

Hi all,

When using message definitions there's no easy way to sort the selected/used attributes. Currently the attributes are shown and used in de export/import mapping in the order they are added to the message definition (or so it seems). Sometimes when adding attributes in a later stage, the end up at the bottom of my JSON file. But I would like have some influence in the order of the attributes or associations of the message definition so I can style my response and group attributes together in a logical and readable way. Don't know if this would be easier done in the message definition, our in the import/export mapping, but please let me make some sense somewhere of my JSON.

asked
2 answers

All my work down the drain to try and fix uniqueness issue because of the error:  "This value element cannot be used as key or argument because it appears after object elements in the schema"

Created

It would definitely solve the issue "This value element cannot be used as key or argument because it appears after object elements in the schema", which is very annoying, because it requires you to delete and reinsert ALL other attributes from the schema, which  breaks ALL the import / export mappings already in place ....It would definitely solve the issue "This value element cannot be used as key or argument because it appears after object elements in the schema", which is very annoying, because it requires you to delete and reinsert ALL other attributes from the schema, which  breaks ALL the import / export mappings already in place ....

Created