Make Export to XML and Export to JSON as easy as Export to CSV and Export to Excel - Mendix Forum

Make Export to XML and Export to JSON as easy as Export to CSV and Export to Excel

Currently to export to XML, you have to add the XSD first.

This is now a cumbersome task. You have to create a webservice with an action calling a microflow having the entitiy-to-be-exported as a input-parameter, pass that to the action as parameter, selecting the attributes and associated entities that you want exported. Then export the XSD, add it to your /resources/<yourmapforXSDs>, create a exportmapping and assign the XSD as source. Quite a hassle.

The modeler already has everything it needs to have to do this by itself. So my idea is to extend this context menu:

with “Export to XML”.

And while we are at it, also with the (much easier to implement) “Export to JSON”

asked
2 answers

Indeed not entirely, but it does exactly one of the steps that took me 90 minutes this morning. Took me one minute now. So thanks!

This strengthens the possibility to add the menu-options I proposed. A big part of it is already implemented. So let’s also add this to the context menu.

Created

Not entirely what you're looking for, but making export mappings is a whole lot easier with the new Message Definitions. 

Created