Merge artifact is too big - Mendix Forum

Merge artifact is too big

When designing Microflows, the Merge artifacts are taking too much space, especially since Mendix overhauled the GUI of the Modeler in version 7. Merge artifacts (the BIG red diamonds) have no properties just like Start events (the green LITTLE circle). Thus, I think, they should be the same size as Start events. On microflows with higher complexity the big diamonds are just taking too much space overall and could lead to confusion.

I find myself always to resize them to a minimum and copy/paste them if I need more. I also use them for esthetic reasons, when I need a 90 degree "turn". See below:

asked
9 answers

Maybe we can increase the start and end points to make it fit. It's always so sad when I try to drag these little critters around and they're escaping my mouse.

Created

I think it's the winter that makes everyone sad...

Big fat red merges forever!

Created

@Rom, so it would also pleasing to your eyes to see merge-blocks having the same size as start-blocks and end-blocks.

@Dan, Totally agree with you. As small as start and end is nice. I am with the resizers.

Also: the screen should show me as much information as possible. Having overly large merges pushes other relevant information out of the visible window. Makes me sad.

Created

@Rom, I completely agree with the Splits, I do the same thing. It's the size of the Merges (which won't accept any text anyway) that make me sad :)

Created

I always like my exclusive split the same size as an action. I would like the option to set a 'standard' size and colour for each artifact on a project basis. This way when working with multiple developers it is easier to keep to the standards of the team and would in my opinion make everybody happy on this subject.

Created

Fighting the good fight, you have my upvote!

Created

I agree with Rom. Therefor, Larn makes me sad :(

Created

I am one of those colleagues Rom mentions and I greatly support your idea.

Created

I disagree: all microflow objects being roughly the same size is pleasing to my eyes. I even go to great lengths to limit the descriptions I place on splits so they fit normal size of the split, instead of having to resize them.

I have numerous collegeas though who, just like you, resize the merges. They make me sad :(

Created